When we’re working out, we need a sports bra that delivers that just-right level of coverage. A little looser for yoga, a little more support for that five-mile run. Never too restrictive or too relaxed.
HOW TO BUY A SPORTS BRA
1. First, Find Your Band Size
With your shirt off and wearing your favorite bra, wrap a soft tape measure around your back and just above your bust, where your bra strap meets your bra. Keep in mind, the tape measure should be snug but not tight. This measurement is your band size.
2. Next, Determine Your Bust Size
Wrap the tape measure around your bust at its fullest point. If this measurement falls between numbers, round up to the next inch.
3. Calculate Your Cup Size
Finally, subtract your band from your bust size and use the chart below to determine your cup size.
CUP SIZE CHART
Now that you know your band and cup size, think about the features you need in a sports bra:
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT LEVEL?
Sports bras are designated by their impact level. This ranges from low to high-impact. Remember, regardless of activity, you should wear the bra that feels most comfortable to you:
- Low-Impact Sports Bras provide light support. These bras are best for yoga, weight training or walking for C and D cup sizes. Women with A or B cup sizes may be able to perform more activities in these bras.
- Medium-Impact Sports Bras are great for activities like skating, biking or skiing for C and D cup sizes. A and B cup sizes may be able to perform more intense activities in these bras.
- High-Impact Sports Bras are designed for activities that require a high level of support, particularly for C and D cup sizes. Try this bra for running or aerobic activities.
ALL ABOUT SILHOUETTES
The most common sports bra silhouette. In this design, straps meet in the back for a supportive fit that minimizes bounce without restricting upper body movement.
Used on many low-impact bras for a natural-feeling fit.
Snug against the chest for a no-bounce fit. These bras are best-suited for A and B cup sizes taking part in high-impact activities.
Offer both compression and individual cups for support. These bras are best-suited for C and D cup sizes who are taking part in high-impact activities.
A must for your sports bra. This garment technology uses synthetic microfibers to lift sweat from your skin and transfer it to the surface of your garment to keep you dry and fresh.
Help minimize irritation as you move.
Can include a perforated or mesh panel on your sports bra, which allows for natural air flow as you train.
Can provide extra coverage when you need it most.
Help you customize the fit of your bra.
Can be found in both sports and traditional bras. This flexible wire runs along the bottom of the bra to provide better support and shape.