When it comes to outdoor cooking, the first thing that comes to mind is probably hamburgers and hot dogs. While everyone loves the classics, sometimes it’s fun to be a bit more adventurous. With the help of a griddle, you can cook up breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between.
Television personality and Blackstone ambassador Bruce Mitchell shares three of his favorite recipes for cooking on a griddle.
“Potato stuff” was affectionately titled by Mitchell’s family. While the name may be simple, the flavors in potato stuff are complex. This simple griddle meal can serve as either a side or main dish. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cheddar cheese
- Seasonings of your choice
- Cut up your potatoes into thin slices.
- Place potatoes on the griddle and cook them down. Season to desired taste.
- As your potatoes are cooking, cut up your sausage.
- Brown the sausage on the opposite end of the griddle.
- Add mushrooms to the griddle and brown them.
- Once the mushrooms have finished browning, mix everything together.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture until melted.
The best part about “potato stuff” is that it’s customizable to your palate. Feel free to make this dish your own by adding seasonings or even subbing out the cheese.
Impress your guests at your next “bruncheon” with this quick French toast recipe.
- Loaf of bread
- Cup of brown sugar
- Two eggs
- Teaspoon of vanilla
- Whipping cream
- Stick of butter
- Mix together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and whipping cream in a bowl.
- Rub the stick of butter across the griddle.
- Dip slices of bread into the mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place bread on the griddle.
- Fry bread and flip until desired brownness.
When using a griddle, be mindful that food cooks quickly. You’ll have to pay close attention to your toast to make sure it doesn’t go beyond your preferred crispness.
Stir up your taste buds with this easy and flavorful griddle meal. You can modify this griddle stir fry recipe to include your favorite proteins and veggies.
- Meat of choice (pork chops, chicken, etc.)
- Chopped onions
- Vegetables of choice
- Soy sauce
- Seasonings of choice
- Cook rice separately from the griddle.
- Cut up your meat of choice and then brown on griddle.
- Place onions or other vegetables on the other half of the griddle.
- Season meat and vegetables to taste.
- Add cooked rice to the griddle to fry.
- Mix elements together and add soy sauce.