Looking for yoga poses for energy? Then look no further.
Morning yoga can be a great opportunity to awaken your body and mind. Start your day on a high note with a yoga routine that can help get you feeling energized.
Regardless of expertise, these five energizing yoga poses can help you get your day started. These yoga poses work on breathing and stretching to get you in rhythm for your day. This routine will also focus on stretching out for your day.
There is no equipment needed for this yoga routine, other than a yoga mat and room to stretch.
This energizing yoga pose starts with a simple movement to help you focus on your breathing.
- Start on all fours in a tabletop position. Your shoulders should be over your wrists and hips over your knees.
- As you inhale, drop your belly, stretch your chest forward and lift your tailbone.
- As you exhale, drop your head, pull your belly in and round your back.
- Repeat for five breath cycles.
Work in some core exercise with this yoga pose.
- Start in a tabletop position with your shoulders over your wrists and hips over your knees.
- On your inhale, extend your right leg back and reach your left arm forward.
- Flex your right foot and squeeze the extended leg.
- On your exhale, bring your knee and elbow together to touch.
- Extend your limbs and repeat up to 10 times and then switch sides.
KNEE TO TRICEP
Focus on your breathing while doing this energizing plank variety.
- Start in a high plank position. Make sure to keep your shoulders in line with your wrists. Keep your core firm.
- On your inhale, lift your right foot a few inches off the mat.
- On your exhale, pull your right knee to your right triceps. Pause for one cycle of breath.
- Return to your starting position and set your foot down.
- Perform the same movement on your opposite side. Repeat the exercise 10 times, making sure to alternate as you go.
SWEEPING CRESCENT LUNGE
Get your body to wake up with this yoga movement that engages your lower half while activating your arms.
- Start in Warrior 1 with one knee stacked over your ankle and your other leg extended straight back. Need help getting into position? Check out this guide on setting up your Warrior 1 pose.
- On your inhale, slightly hinge forward and extend your arms up.
- On your exhale, sweep your arms down and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Sweep back up while keeping your core firm.
- Repeat up to 10 times.
Finish your energizing yoga routine with a full-body stretch.
- Start standing with your feet hips-width apart.
- Press your hips forward.
- On your inhale, lift your arms straight up, stretching all the way to your fingertips.
- On your exhale, gently bend backward.
- Pause for one to three breath cycles, then release back to standing.
Feeling overwhelmed or looking for some tranquility? Try these eight yoga poses to help relax your mind.