How to Do Triangle PoseLearn the basics of this strengthening yoga pose.
Triangle pose, or Uttitha Trikonasana, looks just as the name suggests. Thepoints of your body will form the shape of a triangle, and in this process, you can practice building power and focus.
This pose can be tricky to master for beginners, however, with practice, you can feel strong and steady.
PURPOSE OF THE POSE
Can strengthen the legs and core. Helps stretch the hips and upper body.
- Start in Warrior 2
- Straighten your front leg while keeping a slight, soft bend in the knee
- Reach forward, hinging at your hips
- Stretch your hand down and rest it lightly on your shin
- Reach your upper hand to the sky
- Engage your core and lengthen your spine
- Press your feet down and, without moving your legs, pull your thigh muscles together
MODIFICATION: HAND ON YOGA BLOCK
Instead of placing your hand on your shin, place a yoga block behind your foot, then lightly rest your hand there. A block can provide support and more room to stretch.
Avoid rolling your chest toward the floor. Instead, gently roll your shoulders back and lift your chest away from your front thigh.
Hold this pose for five to 10 breaths on each side. Continue your practice with a similar pose like Extended Side Angle.